Friday, 13 May 2011
Unfortunately, we have decided to cancel Saturday's Volunteer Day due to the weather forecast.
All of the projects for this year were outdoors. Given the almost certainty of a large amount of rain in the forecast, it had become obvious that most projects would not be able to proceed. So the decision was made to cancel the event.
Thank you to everyone who was planning to volunteer! We are considering rescheduling to later in the season.
Note: As soon as the decision to cancel was made on Thursday afternoon, we posted it to the Twitter feed, on our Facebook page, and sent an email to the blog subscribers. Unfortunately, it was not possible to add a blog entry until Friday afternoon because Google's Blogger Service was having technical problems.
Labels: volunteer work